Sunday, April 25, 2010

Gear up silent auction success story in Chemainus

Submitted by Kitty Chavarie


WOW what a night we had.  Sold out all 100 tickets to our beer and burger and then some.  My group of volunteers ran the games, tickets and silent auction like a dream...Total raised so far is $2500.  which brings me over the $5000. mark in my fundraising.  This feels great.  Tom Evans joined us and helped fill in the gaps after my nervous speech of thanks. I appreciated him being there in many ways (besides his nagging me on our ride about all the stuff I am doing less than right!)  I am good with it, and need the help as I ride mainly alone with just lots of energy and little "road bike" knowledge.

Sandra Smith is my inspiration and every pedal stroke and dollar raised has her in mind.  This is a new experience for me which is very personal and fulfilling.  I can't wait to meet her at the end of our ride.

All I can say is cheers to volunteers, friends, and friends of friends..don't know where we would be
without these special people.  I am loving this journey...thanks to all my supporters and cheerleaders
out there


Sincerely,  Kit



Would you like to sponsor a favorite rider? Click on their name anywhere on this journal to open their "bio" on the Canadian Cystic Fibrosis GearUP4CF web site, click on the button "Sponsor this Rider", and you will join our team!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would be delighted to hear from you!