Monday, April 5, 2010

Fit is everything

Submitted by Kitty Chavarie


Just yesterday I had a computerized fitting for my bike that changed things up so much I wouldn't have believed it if it was someone else's experience.  Two hours at Fort Street Cycle in Victoria, zillions of measurements, and my ride yesterday was virtually pain free (was experiencing pain between my shoulders, icy feet and well an area that was too hot to talk about that is better now!!). Makes me just want to ride all day to train like I need to but today was the stormiest day this year and I was afraid I would get blown off my bike then drown in a puddle!!


I am riding for a friend of a friend I met thru another friend. Sandie Smith of Calgary.  We are email friends so far and we are both enjoying our new relationship.  


Sandie is waiting for a double lung transplant and I hope my emails cheer her up and distract her from the wait.  Her mother in law Sandra Smith (yes they have the same name) and I were walking around Victoria and in and out of shops when we came upon the most expensive new singlet at Lulu Lemon with the most amazing phrase on the front "Breathe Deeply, appreciate the moment".  It is a thing of beauty and so aprapo for our ride...but 58$ for a tiny jersey just seemed too steep. Well Sandra told the manager what I was doing in town (my bike fitting) and about the CF ride and well that young manager just gifted me the shirt!! WOW hey?  I will try and get a good photo of it to post as it is very neat how things like this just keep happening!!


I have had a few newspaper stories too and thru that folks are just coming up and congratulating
me and handing me money for the fund... next Saturday the 10th is our garage sale...will do
some photos there to share with you..cheers for today 


Kitty


Would you like to sponsor a favorite rider? Click on their name anywhere on this journal to open their "bio" on the Canadian Cystic Fibrosis GearUP4CF web site, click on the button "Sponsor this Rider", and you will join our team!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would be delighted to hear from you!