Friday, May 14, 2010

WHY?

Submitted by Kitty Chavarie


Hello my friends, 


Although I have no one in my family that has CF I am still doing this crazy fundraising ride of 1200 km to Banff next month,  I am no jock...to be honest I may be a bit crazy as I dont' have the real sleek riders body or "cycle knowledge" that some of our participants have and folks keep asking me if I can "DO THIS" and why would I anyways...been thinking about that and have finally come up with a real explanation.

When I was younger and heard stories of Philanthropy and what it meant to have so much money you could just gift it away to folks, ideas or beliefs without any reason just because you "want to"...thought it was so cool and if I turned out to be rich I wanted to be a philanthropist  (sounds amost as good as Dr. to me, without having to go to 
school forever!) WELL as some of you know I am not rich, have no rich relatives that are going to leave me money and don't buy lottery tickets OR gamble SOOOO there is little or no chance of me having buckets of moola to throw around in this lifetime.

BUT I am happy, healthy and love a good reason to get up everyday.  This CF ride has given me my philanthropy fix...I feel rich that I can give back something without any catch...just want to do good for the world and well this I can do. Please don't thank me, I am excited to be doing this, it is an honor to have someone I have never met feel good someone is trying to help with no strings attached...

To me this is what belonging to the human race means, giving back.  Please share this with any families or friends who don't "get" the why for me so they can see that sometimes life is just about doing and being, not getting


...sincerely from Kitty


Would you like to sponsor a favorite rider? Click on their name anywhere on this journal to open their "bio" on the Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation GearUP4CF web site, click on the button "Sponsor this Rider", and you will join our team!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would be delighted to hear from you!